Potato, Artichoke and Feta Cheese Latkes
- 1 1/2 pounds red-skinned potatoes
- 1 9 oz package frozen aritchoke hearts thawed, diced and patted dry
- 2/3 cup leek (white and pale green parts only) chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 large egg beated
- 2 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese diced
- 1 1/2 cups (about) fresh French breadcrumbs
- 8 tbsp (about) olive oil
- Cook potatoes in pot of boiling salted water until almost fork tender (they should still be firm), about 20 minutes. Drain. Cool completely and peel (hint: use a wet cloth towel or paper towel to rub off the skin).
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place baking sheet in oven.
- Using hand grater, coarsely grate potatoes into large bowl. Add artichokes and leek. Mix Parmesan, egg, mint, oregano, salt and pepper in small bowl. Add to potato mixture. Stir in feta and enough breadcrumbs to form mixture that holds together. Firmly press ½ cup mixture into 3½” round. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Heat 6 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat. Place 4 pancakes into skillet. Cook until brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to sheet in oven. Repeat with remaining pancakes, adding more oil to skillet by tablespoonfuls as necessary.
- Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!