- 1 large onion
- 4 med. shallots
- 1 bunch shallots
- 8-10 russet potatoes
- salt and pepper(preferably white)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 - 1 cup white corn meal
- 1/2 cup pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup pignoli nuts
- 1/4 cup Romano Locatelli cheese grated
- Mix all ingredients well and check that the consistency is a “batter” and not too liquid.
- Form into small, thick pancakes and squeeze any excess liquid out as you are forming each latke.
- Fry to a golden brown, not dark brown color.
- Spoon over a teaspoonful of pesto sauce and top with a few pignoli nuts and grated Romano Locattelli cheese.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!