- 2 red apples
- 1 lemon
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ¼ cup caster (super-fine) sugar
- 3 tbsp apricot preserves
- Melted butter
- Powdered sugar to decorate
- Using a mandolin, slice apples so that they are quite thin. Cut them into half circles, and place them on a plate with a squeeze of lemon over the top. Microwave for 45-60 seconds, until they are soft and pliable. Cover with a tea towel and set to one side.
- Roll the puff pastry out and cut it into 6 strips. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together.
- Use a pastry brush to line each strip with apricot preserves and sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top.
- Lay the apple half circles on the top side of each pastry strip, overlapping slightly and ensuring the skin side of the apple pokes out of the top slightly.
- Fold the bottom part of the pastry up, and cover with melted butter and cinnamon- sugar mixture.
- Starting from one end, roll up the dough in a moderately tight fashion, sealing the edges when you come to the end.
- Place them in a silicone muffin tray or a buttered muffin tray, and bake at 190°C/375°F for 40-45 minutes. If they are browning too quickly, cover with foil.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!