Root Vegetable Latkes
- 2 ½ cups dash or two of hot sauce (optional)
- 1 ¼ cups garlic clove, crushed and minced
- 1 ¼ cups green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp pinch salt
- 1 ¼ cups potato (about 1/2 pound - 225 g), grated (peeling is optional)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- Combine baking potato, parsnips, sweet potato and salt; let stand for 20 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze excess moisture from potato mixture.
- Transfer potato mixture to a large bowl.
- Add onion, flour, and ground black pepper; toss well.
- Stir in egg whites.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Spoon 1/3 cup batter for each of 5 latkes into pan.
- Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Repeat procedure with 1 tablespoon oil and remaining batter.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!