Guacamole Latkes with Apple Salsa
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes unpeeled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 3 avocados peeled, pit removed
- ½ large red onion minced
- 2 small jalapeno peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ½ cans black beans drained and rinsed
- peanut oil
- 2 Fuji apples peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled, cored and diced
- ½ cup cilantro very coarsely chopped
- 3 tblsp honey
- 2 tblsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Using the coarse grating disc of a food processor, grate the unpeeled potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the salt into the eggs.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado with the back of a fork. Add the red onions, jalapeno peppers, and the beans. Mix to combine.
- Add the egg mixture and the avocado mixture into the grated potatoes. Gingerly toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil until very hot but not smoking. If you are using a thermometer, bring the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Add the potato/avocado mixture ¼ cup at time. Fry until golden, flip and fry until golden on the other side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the potatoes are used.
- Serve with a dollop of salsa.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Using the on/off pulse mode, chop finely but do not puree.
- Transfer salsa to a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!