Double Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 3 8 oz. bricks 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz.) milk chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 3 oz bittersweet baking chocolate
- 2 tbsp stick butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 350F. Coat an 8” springform pan with nonstick spray. Have read a roasting pan larger than the springform pan.
- Crust: Put crumbs in a small bowl: stir in butter until evenly moistened. Press firmly over bottom of pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set. Cool on rack. Wrap outside of pan with heavy duty foil. Reduce oven temperature to 300F.
- Filling: Beat cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl with mixer on medium speed until smooth, scraping sides of bowl several times with a rubber spatula. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Beat in sour cream and vanilla to combine. Divide batter evenly between 3 medium bowls. Stir melted milk chocolate in one bowl; pour into crust in an even layer. Whisk pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice into another bowl. Carefully spoon over chocolate layer to cover, then gently smooth into an even layer with an offset spatula (take care that batters do not run together). Stir semisweet chocolate into remaining batter. Carefully spoon over pumpkin layer; spread carefully as above.
- Set springform pan in center of roasting pan. Place roasting pan in over rack and add boiling water to come halfway up sides of springform pan.
- Bake 1 ½ to 1 ¾ hours until set, but center still jiggles slightly when shaken
- Turn off oven (leave door closed); let cake cook in oven 1 hour (if cake hasn’t pulled away from the sides of pan, carefully run a thin knife around edge of pan to release cake). Remove foil. Cool cake in springform pan on wire rack. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Chocolate Glaze: Stir ingredients into a small saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Remove pan sides; place cake on serving plate. Spread glaze over top to edge (some may drip down side of cake). Refrigerate until glaze sets.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!