Cilantro-Jalapeño Latkes with Chipotle Sour Cream
- 6 tbsp light sour cream
- 1 tbsp chipotle chille chopped canned in adobo sauce
- 3/4 tbsp lime grated rind
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 6 cups baking potatoe peeled and shredded (about 1.5 lbs)
- 1 cup onion grated
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp jalapeno pepper finely chopped and seeded
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Combine potato and onion in a colander. Drain 30 minutes, pressing occasionally with the back of a spoon until barely moist. Combine potato mixture, flour, and next 5 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Spoon 1/4 cup potato mixture loosely into a dry measuring cup. Pour mixture into pan; flatten slightly. Repeat the procedure 5 times to form 6 latkes. Sauté 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Remove latkes from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and potato mixture to yield 12 latkes total.
- Serve with sour cream mixture.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!