- 4 tbsp yellow cornmeal
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 3 3 (9 oz.) pkgs. cream cheese softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chiles
- 1 cup sliced green onions divided
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa
- ½ cup Paula’s Pepper Jelly (optional)
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced baguettes
- Pre-Heat oven to 325F.
- Heavily grease bottom and sides of a 9” spring-form pan.
- Combine cornmeal and chili powder, and sprinkle over bottom and sides of prepared spring-form pan.
- Beat cream cheese, eggs, garlic powder and cumin in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in chiles and ½ cup green onions.
- Pour half of batter into spring-form pan. Spoon 1 cup salsa and ¼ cup pepper jelly (optional) on top of batter. Sprinkle 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese over salsa mixture. Spread remaining batter on top of cheese
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until edges are set but center still moves slightly. Place pan on wire rack and cool completely before removing sides of spring-form pan.
- Spread remaining salsa and pepper jelly (optional) on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and green onion on top.
- To serve, place cheesecake on large platter. Scoop a ball of sour cream and place on top. Serve with chips, crackers, or bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!