- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
- warm water
- Ghee clarified butter
- To 2 cups whole wheat flour and 1 tbs oil, add warm water until it forms a sticky dough.
- Knead until you can make a smooth ball with a dense but soft bread dough consistency
- Make rolls of dough into 1 ½ inch diameter balls
- Using dusting of flower underneath, roll rotis into 8 inch rounds
- Roast on a dry Tava (or flat pan), until it puffs up, flip 3 times altogether
- Spread a small spoonful of ghee on the top and serve warm
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!