Potato and Cheese Latkes
- 4 cups frozen hash brown defrosted
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup jack cheese grated
- 1/2 onion grated
- 1/4 cup green onion diced
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley minced
- 1 eggs beated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- extra virgin olive oil to cook
For the Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- Allow potatoes to defrost and drain out any excess water from potatoes with a towel.
- Place potatoes in a bowl and add all remaining ingredients, mix well.
- Heat around 1/2 cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Form potatoes into medium size pancakes.
- Place potatoes in skillet in batches around 3 at a time
- Using the back of a tablespoon flatten out potatoes.
- Cook around 3-4 minutes per side until the potatoes are nice and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes. Drain on paper napkins.
- Mix the sour cream and hot sauce together and serve on top of lakes with green onion to garnish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!