Polish Roast Chicken
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 4 lb chicken cut into 8 pieces
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black Pepper
- Sprigs of fresh rosemary, thyme and sage
- ¼ cup vegetable or olive oil
- Smash the garlic with a knife and rub into the chicken pieces along with the lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste and cover with the herbs. Dribble with 2 tblsp. of the oil. Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning the chicken once.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the herbs from the chicken. Heat a heavy ovenproof skillet, add the remaining 2 tblsp. Of oil, and place the chicken skin side down. Brown only on the skinside over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place the skillet of chicken in the oven and bake about 30 minutes or until the chicken is crisp and the juices run clear.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!