Kale Quinoa Latkes
- 2½ cups cooked quinoa cooled
- 4 cups kale cleaned, deveined, chopped very small
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ yellow oinion diced small
- ½ cup chives chopped
- ½ cup Parmesan grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ cup finely ground bread crumbs (use gluten free breadcrumbs to make this dish gluten free)
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for frying
- Combine quinoa, eggs, Parmesan, chives and salt in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet on medium heat then sweat onions and garlic, approximately 3 minutes. Add kale to skillet and cook until kale is bright green and soft.
- Add kale mixture to quinoa mixture, then add breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Place clean skillet on medium heat and add enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Form patties using ½ cup of quinoa mixture and place patties in skillet being careful not to splash hot oil or overcrowd the pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Remove patties, drain on paper towel and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!