Cajun Sweet Potato Latkes
- 2 pounds (about 3 large) sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. plus 1 tsp plus 1 tsp. of Cajun spice blend
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- peanut oil
- sour cream
- Using the coarse grating disc of a food processor, grate the sweet potatoes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Sprinkle the Cajun spice blend into the eggs in whisk. Mix in the cilantro.
- Add egg mixture to the grated potatoes
- In a large skillet, heat the peanut oil until very hot but not smoking. If you are using a thermometer, bring the oil to 375 degrees F.
- Add the sweet potato mixture ¼ cup at a time. Fry until golden, flip and fry until golden on the other side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat the process until all the potatoes are used.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!