Brussels Sprouts Latkes
- 1/2 pound brussel sprouts shredded
- 1/4 cup white onion diced small
- 1 egg whisked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chili pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil for frying
- Sour cream for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine brussel sprouts, onion, egg, olive oil, flour, salt, red chili pepper flakes, and cranberries until well coated. Add the flour and mix until a thick paste forms.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. The oil is hot enough when it starts to sizzle when a bit of the batter is dropped in.
- Form the brussel sprouts into ½-inch thick patties and fry for 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip and fry the other side for 3 more minutes.
- Immediately blot oil on a paper towel and season with salt. Serve hot with sour cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!